Sunday 23 May 2010

The George Tavern

The George Tavern is situated in the middle of Whitechapel, on Commercial Road, in amongst the ethnic market stalls and retirement homes; and it's about to become my favourite place to be in London's East End.




I first went to the George in September 2008, having met one Dee Sekar a few weeks previously at another local show. Bands An Experiment On A Bird In The Air Pump and KASMs were playing, and poets were reading in between the aforementioned noise-fests.

I recently returned there to play an acoustic show in the venue's little garden, for an audience of about twenty people. I knew much of the audience and had an excellent time playing for my friends.

I'm DJing tonight at the George Tavern for Dee's club night, Decasia. Follow this link for details of the night and how to get there.

If you come along (which you will), ask for Joseph and say hello.