Monday 11 July 2011

(Small) Fanfare

My debut single, the AA 7" "Jesus Christ/Worry Wart" is available from today. You can order your copy from Rough Trade, Piccadilly Records or directly from the source at the O Genesis shop.

I almost didn't want to post about the record today because of the frequency with which I've already talked about it, but I suppose I'm in some way obliged to and it is, as they say, my party. But it occurs to me now that, while I've talked a lot about the release of the record and where it's available from, I haven't really talked too much about the songs themselves.

I suppose there might be some level of curiosity with regards to the content of the A side, "Jesus Christ" because of the obvious religious connotations but don't worry, I'm not a religious fanatic. I used to be. But I'm not any more.

The song explores a little bit of my Bible-thumping past but the Christ theme is mostly a metaphor for something... entirely different. You figure it out.

(Oh and thank you to everybody who came to the 1234 after party and ignored me on Saturday, I very much enjoyed being shouted over by a couple of hundred drunk people.)