Sunday 5 June 2011

I Remember Nothing


I've been invited to play at an event called 'I Remember Nothing' (named for the Joy Division song) at The Drop in Stoke Newington, North-East London. It's a nice venue in a nice area.

The event is being run by two young ladies who comprise a band called Replicas - they're on the bill too. They'll soon be recording with Tim and Jim at Big Mushroom to release a single with O Genesis, which is quite exciting. New label mates!

Replicas' music is on their MySpace but if you find the newest version of the player incredibly tedious (who doesn't?), their tracks are also available to stream on SoundCloud. I like their music, it reminds me of the Knife and a bit of Eno. Have a listen to them, and listen out for announcements of the single release.

See you on the 23rd.