Friday 18 November 2011

The wheel of life is a powerful beat

Apologies for the lack of blog posts this week. I've no excuse but do I need one? I don't think I do and in either case, what do you care? You're not even reading my stupid blog which I'm writing at five in the morning (which explains the stupidity of the thing), are you? I thought not.

Anyway.

Zoetrope are a new group who live in and around Dalston in London's east end. They like The Slits, Black Sabbath and PJ Harvey to name but a few. I've only had the pleasure of catching them live once but their abrasive, beat-driven squall and bizarre themes (a song entitled "Batman", about a wannabe superhero with Down's Syndrome, for example) make for uneasy but ultimately enjoyable listening.



They seem to be playing in London at least eight times a week at the moment, so you've no excuse not to catch them very soon. Tell your friends.